Back pain is one of the most frequent reasons for seeking medical attention. Most back pain can be prevented by sitting at home. If prevention fails, you can get rid of back pain by doing simple home remedies and some physical exercises regularly for a few weeks, usually surgery is very much needed to treat back pain.
Symptoms of back pain: –
There can be many symptoms of back pain, one of which is: –
Swelling of the abdomen can sometimes cause back pain. Numbness, tingling, or weakness in one or both legs. Back pain with severe abdominal pain associated with fever and vomiting. Sitting, lying down, lifting heavy weights, leaning for a long time.
Risk factors for back pain: –
Anyone can suffer from back pain starting from children to teenagers, the following factors can put you at risk of back pain.
1. Age: Back pain can occur with age, usually starting at 30 or 40 years of age.
2. Lack of exercise: Lack of full exercise of the back muscles can cause back pain.
3. Excess weight: Excess body weight puts extra pressure on your back and this can cause pain in your back.
4. Psychological condition: Depressed and anxious people are at higher risk of back pain.
Prevention of back pain: –
You can improve your physical condition and prevent back pain by doing physical exercises, any work you can do regularly to keep your back healthy and strong.
1. Exercise: Try to do the exercises that can make your muscles work better, walking and swimming can be a good choice in this case. Also, talk to your doctor about what exercises you can do.
2. Maintain a good body weight: If you are overweight, try to reduce it a bit, because being overweight can put extra strain on your back which can cause back pain.
3. Quit smoking: Smoking increases the risk of back pain, the more cigarettes you smoke, the more likely you are to get back pain. So quit smoking to reduce the risk of back pain.
When to go to the doctor: –
Most back pain gradually improves with home treatment and care, if the pain lasts for a few weeks then you must contact your doctor. Exactly when do you think of going to the doctor?
In many cases, back pain can be a sign of serious treatment, so take immediate care if you have back pain.
1. If there is a pain for up to a few weeks.
2. If the pain spreads to one or more legs, especially if it extends to below the knee.
3. Feeling weak in one or more legs and feeling numb.
4. If you lose weight abnormally.
5. If the pain continues to increase and there is no improvement even after resting.
Your doctor will examine your abdomen and assess your age, current condition of walking. Your doctor will check how severe your back pain is. The doctor will evaluate your back pain, ask you how much you can move comfortably before the pain, and try to find out where the problem is in your muscles.
2. MRI or CT scan.
3. Blood test
4. Bone scan
Home Remedies for Back Pain: –
Most back pain gets higher at intervals a month of home treatment. However, the problems of each person are the same, many people’s pain takes up to a few months to heal. You can apply a few formulas at home to reduce the pain.
1. Hot Shake and Massage: It relaxes muscle stiffness and increases blood flow.
2. Yoga Exercises: Yoga will help you to stretch your muscles in different directions and relax your muscles.
3. Calming the mind: Calming strategies such as biofeedback and some behavioral change techniques help to relieve pain.
Back Pain Medication: –
1. Paracetamol: You can use paracetamol initially for mild back pain.
2. Muscle relaxants: Doctors recommend muscle relaxants such as cyclobenzaprine and methocarbamol with NSAIDs to reduce muscle stiffness.
3. Steroids: Corticosteroids, such as prednisolone, help relieve lower extremity pain. They also reduce the inflammation (swelling) and swelling at the site of injury, which can cause back pain.